Your Turn

Seeing as some of you are clearly just as interfering and opinionated as we are, this is where you can have a go yourself. Just use the comments boxes, and away you go. If you want to see how the (blatantly non-) professionals do it, go back over there.

Monday, January 30, 2006

A Friend In Need?

anonymous said...

A friend in need?

I believe a friend of mine is in a bad relationship. I don't think it is going to go where she wants it -marriage, kids. He is younger, and less mature. Despite the fact that he has met her parents several times and they live in a different state, she still has not met his even though they live in the same city. It is an acceptance problem; he thinks they will have a problem with my friend because she is not from their home country. Yet he insists that 'when the time is right' he will introduce her. This has been going on for years. The parents don't even know they live together.

I could continue on about their problems, but I want to ask about mine. What do I do as a friend? I have tried being supportive about how she feels at the time -happy for her when she is happy, counseling when she is not. But this has been going on for so long.

She recently said she knows she needs to break up with him. I tried to restrain my excitement, saying yes if will be hard but she deserves so much more.

Next time I talked to her she said things were getting better.

Is there anything I can do other than wait?

This problem has now been answered by Linda over here on the main site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought i'd bagsied this but in any case, can I do so now please

linda

2:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home